Canungra Sky Sports is an expression of Lisa Bradley’s passion for sharing her love of flying. With 20 years’ experience flying paragliders (PG) and hang gliders (HG) Lisa is the only qualified Chief Flying Instructor (CFI) in Australia for both disciplines.
- Founded and operated Extreme Air Flight School in New Zealand since 2001
- Successful tandem pilot and operator/owner of a tandem business in New Zealand
- Chief Flight Instructor in both Australia and New Zealand
- Only female CFI in Australia
- Former successful competition and competition aerobatics pilot in Europe
- Active in supporting major Australian competitions, like the Dalby "Big Air"
- Senior Safety Officer (SSO) in both Australia and New Zealand
Canungra Sky Sports is an expression of Lisa Bradley’s passion for sharing her love of flying. With 20 years’ experience flying paragliders (PG) and hang gliders (HG) Lisa is the only qualified female Chief Flying Instructor (CFI) in Australia for both disciplines.
- 2001 - Founded the Extreme Air School in Queenstown
- 2006 - First school in New Zealand to offer both hang gliding and paragliding instruction
- 2012 - Started instructing in Australia while working toward dual Chief Flight Instructor Ratings in Hang Gliding and Paragliding
- 2014 - Founded the Canungra Sky Sports School in Australia
Lisa and her team recognise and appreciate that every student has a different background, wants and needs. Training is only progressed at an individual’s pace, in incremental steps so they quickly gain mastery and feel they’ve achieved something significant from the very early stages of their course.
At many schools, teaching techniques hearken back to before the invention of paragliders. Lisa and her team realise they are teaching for adults and incorporate the most modern techniques of Competency Based Training (CBT) and online learning to assure every student effectively develops the knowledge and skills they need for a long career as a safe and confident pilot.
We think learning to fly should be fun (it is a hobby, after all)
We are a little bit cheeky
We value relationships
You need to build the skill to both be safe and be confident you are safe
You may be our student for a few weeks, but you are a friend for life