1. Home
  2. Knowledge Base
  3. General Flying Questions
  4. What about insurance?

We are not insurance agents or experts, but you should consider the insurance implications of any sport you take up.

One of the things that your HGFA membership provides is liability insurance that extends to damage you cause to others while flying.

While it varies a good deal from provider to provider, many standard insurance policies have exclusions for acting as a pilot, paragliding or hang gliding.  You should review your policies and seek guidance from your insurer.

We suggest that anyone travelling from abroad to train with us take out travel insurance that covers the activities they will be undertaking.

The Australian government has Reciprocal Health Care agreements with a few foreign country that allow access to some public health benefits.  At the time we are writing this, the Australian government has RCHA’s with the United Kingdom, the Republic of Ireland, New Zealand, Sweden, the Netherlands, Finland, Belgium, Norway, Slovenia, Malta and Italy

Was this article helpful?

Related Articles